If you are like drawing and are interested in entering a competition, read the information below. Metro Trains are holding a competition to encourage safe travel on Metro trains.
Entries close Friday 30th June- so time to get colouring.
If you need further information, please see your homeroom teacher. Good luck!
Complete some of the activities to consolidate your understanding of shapes. Pick the areas which you wanted to further improve your understandings.
3D shape properties Revise properties of 2D or 3D shapes
Revision of 3D shapes properties
Complete an activity and leave a comment stating what you have learnt or revises.
$100 is ‘up for grabs’ for those students who complete an activity and leave a comment!
This morning was Open Morning at school and the 5/6 students took this opportunity to showcase their learning from Term 1 Inquiry. The morning went very successfully, with students being able to present their learning to different year levels, and parents.
Despite some internet troubles, students were organised with posters, quizzes, prizes, and cue cards ready to share their learning. Overall the Open Morning was very successful!
This Term Grade 5/6 students will be participating in the Maths.Camera.Action competition. This year the theme is Maths in the Future. Today students were asked to think of the mathematics they think will be relevant in the future, or futuristic concepts they were interested in.
Next lesson, students will explore, in teams, the mathematics and develop a video to explain the mathematics.
Here are some important reminders for tomorrow and next week!
- Tomorrow is Interschool Sports! Make sure to wear your full school uniform, pack lots of healthy food and water. You will need your school hat otherwise you cannot play.
- Soccer players can bring their soccer boots, but these must be in your bag and you can change into your boots when we arrive at Elgar Park.
- Please make sure to bring your library books to school as we will need to return them tomorrow.
- Next Tuesday, the Grade 6 students will be participating in a leadership day. On Tuesday the Grade 5 students will wear their regular uniform (Grade 5/6S- sports, 5/6R and 5/6I will wear their school uniform) and all Grade 6 students are to wear their sports uniform.
- All homework is due on Tuesday!
During the day students will participate in dynamic activities, where they will need to work in teams to collaborate and problem solve.
On the day students will need to wear their sports uniform.
Looking forward to a day filled with fun and excitement!
For more information about the Aspire Hire company and program, please click on the icon and it will redirect you to their webpage.